Books by Lindsey Backen
The Act Like a Writer Drafting Journal will help you:
- Meet your characters, using special tecniques to really understand how to get into their head
- Imagine and create your locations so you know which details are important to your story
- Define the goals of every chapter, so that you know what you’re going to write and why it’s important to your plot
- Tally up your progress with a flexible system. You choose to track words, minutes, pages, or even days.
- Chronical your writing sessions so that you can catch patterns and learn how to master writing
- Remember the names of all those characters you keep forgetting
- This will be the easiest book you’ve ever drafted. You’re welcome.
“We are like secret friends…”
Dragged from New York to Texas by her newly-divorced father, Scarlet Beldon braces for a lonely summer in a Victorian house that allows only the faintest of wifi signals. A stack of letters dated 1910 introduces her to the house’s former occupant, Clara Castle, who lives with a strict and paranoid father and develops a friendship with a quiet, Irish violinist. When a music box connects the girls’ worlds, their friendship turns into a mad scramble to unlock the secrets of Clara’s future and alter history itself.
Orphaned and the only caretaker for his crippled brother, Trey Cunningham works at the local soda shop after school. Though he’s the best dancer in town, the missing growth spurts and local bullies team together to obliterate his chances to find a girlfriend. When another orphan arrives in town, she seems to be the perfect partner – if she was allowed to dance. But the girl of his dreams hides secrets far more dangerous than forbidden dance lessons. Caught between the growing tension between his brother and the increasing suspicion of townsfolk, Trey must decide how far he’s willing to go to protect the two people he loves most.